About Basketbull LLC
BasketBull, LLC is an official licensee of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. Launched in 2004 because an overall need for organized basketball events in the city where basketball was invented, BasketBull provides the opportunity to play in competitive basketball events against teams from all over the country and world, while learning and experiencing the history of basketball.
The name BasketBull comes from the late William "Bull" Martin, who is related (as father or grandfather) to the owners of BasketBull, Mike Martin, Bob Martin and Colin Tabb. "Bull" Martin was a devoted family man and friend, while also owning a passion for the game of basketball, after starring at Providence College. "Bull" passed away in 1997 and when different names were being tossed around for the company, BasketBull was agreed upon in his honor.
In 6 years, BasketBull has risen to the prominent event group in the New England region, with hopes of national and international expansion through our regional event series. Teams have traveled from North Carolina, Florida, Louisiana, Illinois, Missouri, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia, Nebraska, California, Canada, Nova Scotia, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands and the entire Northeast for BasketBull events.
BasketBull hosted over 20 events in the 2010 year, with the 2nd annual regional event in Chicago, Illinois at the Attack Athletics Center and the first event annual event in San Diego, California. Each event in 2010 was either a new event or expanded upon from the previous year.
In 2011 BasketBull is looking at 19 tournaments, including events in Chicago, San Diego, and Dallas or Orlando. Estimated over 1,000 teams for 2011 with over 14,000 participants. 7 additional events including the 3rd annual New England All-Star Challenge and the New Hall of Fame Exposure Combine.
BasketBull, LLC has an exclusive agreement with the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame for running all youth and amateur events affiliated with the Hall of Fame.
The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, "An International Destination"
For teams that participate in Naismith Tournaments:
- All Championship games in Springfield Area Events are played at Center Court in the Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Minimum of 3 games, pool play format, with possibilities of playing much more
- Opportunity to purchase discount tickets to Hall of Fame and Six Flags New England.
- Discounted prices to hotels, restaurants, and many other area attractions in Greater Springfield.
- Exposure to Division I, II, III College Coaches
- Exposure to media outlets and national recruiting publications, including HoopScoop, Scout.com, The HoopHall Report, and New England Basketball Services (NERR).
BasketBull Tournament Policies
- Teams must register at least 6 days prior to the tournament.
- Teams cannot have more than 15 players and 2 coaches per team.
- Teams must travel with home and away uniforms or color options.
- Teams must travel with someone who can keep score.
- Teams must pay in full and spots will not be held for teams that have not sent full entry fees unless agreed upon by tournament director.
- If team registers for the tournament and is on the schedule, teams cannot pull out of tournament and receive a refund. All sales are final once the schedule has been posted.
- If director has allowed team to register without paying, they will be responsible for payment once schedule has been released.
Distance from major East Coast cities:
|Philadelphia to Springfield, Ma.||4.25 hours|
|New York City to Springfield, Ma.||2.5 hours|
|Boston to Springfield, Ma.||1.5 hours|
|Providence to Springfield, Ma.||1.5 hours|
|Albany to Springfield, Ma.||1.5 hours|
|Syracuse to Springfield, Ma.||3.75 hours|
|Newark, NJ to Springfield, Ma.||2.75 hours|
|Baltimore, Md to Springfield, Ma.||5.5 hours|
|Washington DC to Springfield, Ma.||6.5 hours|
|Richmond, Va. to Springfield, Ma.||8 hours|
|Pittsburgh, Pa. to Springfield, Ma.||8.5 hours|