The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of FameTournaments and Events
In June of 2004, the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame hosted its 1st Annual Naismith AAU Tournament, presented by BasketBull, LLC. Tournament Directors, Michael Martin and Bob Martin, coordinated two weekends of exciting AAU basketball, with one weekend for boys and one for girls. Using local colleges in Springfield, Massachusetts for pool play, the tournament attracted highly competitive teams from Nova Scotia, Montreal, New York, New Jersey and all over New England. The response from the teams that participated was so overwhelmingly positive that the Naismith Hall of Fame plans to sponsor more tournaments like this in the immediate future.
The tournament continued to evolve in 2005 with the Hall sponsoring a total of 5 tournaments. Again, all of the Northeast states were in attendance with additional teams coming from Virginia, Pennyslvania, Missouri, Montreal and many other states.
2006 Tournaments have already received commitments from organizations in Indiana, North Carolina, Virginia, Georgia, Ottawa and many more…Please check our upcoming events for more detailed information.
In 2007, teams attended from Illinois, Virginia, Montreal, Nova Scotia, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Ohio and many more. The “National Invitational” tournament concluded July 12th with teams from all over the country and college coaches from across the country attending.
2008 saw more of the same action with teams coming as far south as New Orleans, as far North as Toronto and as far West as Missouri. In total, BasketBull hosted 7 tournaments in 2008, 5 for the boys and 2 for the girls, including a first-ever Junior Nationals tournament and pre-season HS tournament. In addition, the Hall of Fame BasketBall Academy was held during the June/July summer period, with kids getting the chance to play in an All-Star game at center court in the Hall of Fame. Stay tuned for more events during the 2008-2009 year.
Distance from major East Coast cities:
|Philadelphia to Springfield, Ma.||4.25 hours|
|New York City to Springfield, Ma.||2.5 hours|
|Boston to Springfield, Ma.||1.5 hours|
|Providence to Springfield, Ma.||1.5 hours|
|Albany to Springfield, Ma.||1.5 hours|
|Syracuse to Springfield, Ma.||3.75 hours|
|Newark, NJ to Springfield, Ma.||2.75 hours|
|Baltimore, Md to Springfield, Ma.||5.5 hours|
|Washington DC to Springfield, Ma.||6.5 hours|
|Richmond, Va. to Springfield, Ma.||8 hours|
|Pittsburgh, Pa. to Springfield, Ma.||8.5 hours|
Make sure to ask about multi-team discounts from the same organization and multi-tournament discounts when you register (at the same time) to more than one BasketBull tournament.
- Teams must register at least 6 days prior to the tournament.
- Teams cannot have more than 15 players and 2 coaches per team.
- Teams must travel with home and away uniforms or color options.
- Teams must travel with someone who can keep score.
- Teams must pay in full and spots will not be held for teams that have not sent full entry fees unless agreed upon by tournament director.
- If team registers for the tournament and is on the schedule, teams cannot pull out of tournament and receive a refund. All sales are final once thes schedule has been posted.
- If director has allowed team to register without paying, they will be responsible for payment once schedule has been released.